If you have a Panasonic DECT cordless phone set and at some point you would like to perform intercom (interior calls between handsets), you may find that the user manual/guide doesn’t include any information regarding such topic, while your receptors don’t have any intuitive INT or CONF buttons directly available. Moreover, it may be hard to find any related information on Google or on other search engines, either because it is completely missing from the whole Internet or because you cannot find good keywords to submit as search requests.
I have found how to perform intercom on my own phone set (probably model KX-TG6412FXS) by manually testing different key combinations. Here is how I do it (maybe it would help somebody else, sometime):
- Press the menu button, i.e. the middle black button from the bottom of the screen;
- Do not press the list selector button (i.e. the “menu” button) again, press the first button instead, i.e. the left-most black button from the bottom of the screen;
- A text like “Interior” would be displayed, indicating the current receptor, i.e. 1;
- Type the number of the receptor that you want to call, for example, 2, in a dual system; the number of the receptor is different than the one indicated on screen, which is the number of the current receptor;
- The interior call should immediately begin, i.e. the other receptor would start ringing a special “intercom” sound, and you can answer the call as it would be a standard call.